In the hosting world where hordes of companies have infiltrated in, only a few brands still have an excellent reputation akin to that of Hostgator. Boasting over nine million domains while consistently maintaining 99.9% uptime is no small feat, yet Hostgator makes this look awesome. Most of their services revolve around Web Hosting, Cloud Hosting, WordPress hosting and Reseller Plans, though there’s more to this.
But what you will probably fall in love with about Hostgator and their vast array of premium, ever reliable services and competitively priced plans is the overall experience. Everything about it, including their reliability, performance, customer support, and pricing deserves a thumbs-up. However, without proving all of them, this review will serve no worthwhile purpose.
Hostgator – Company Background
Founded in 2002, Hostgator is a domains hosting company known for many firsts. It was established at a college dorm by its current CEO, Brent Oxley who has steered it to grow from a small firm into a multi-million dollar website hosting company. It started with a single employee and evolved to this point when it has hundreds of them, over 400,000 customers based in over 200 countries all over the world.
Hostgator is reportedly owned by Endurance International Group (EIG) who bought it for $225 million in 2012. It is headquartered in Houston, Texas, although the original based was Florida. Outside the US, Hostgator recently opened up subsidiaries in India and Brazil.
Hostgator – Webhosting Features
- Uptime – It is easy to heap praise to the “up-and-running, stable and consistent” 99.99% uptime that Hostgator actually delivers. But despite this being 0.05% higher than the average in the industry, Hostgator have been trying their level best to better this since. In fact, if you experience a downtime below this, you get a month’s free credit. It isn’t a surprise why at the Better Business Bureau’s official website, Hostgator enjoys an A+ rating (the best of the best).
- Speed – You won’t really give Hostgator a 5-star here, especially when it comes to Web Hosting. To be fair, you might record mediocre-to-magnificent page load times, depending on the plan you choose. Cloud Hosting speed is a bit better, though, sometimes even clocking better figure than Google’s recommended speed.
- Customer Support – HostGator offers a 24/7 customer service that consists of live chat, telephone, forums, and ticketing system. For their clients located in the US, there’s toll-free phone support, while those outside the US may email them or use a Live Chat feature. Overall, the experience is excellent.
- Sleek Dashboard – offer a refreshing, user-friendly dashboard with features that allow one to track their uptime, download speeds, global reach and other metrics with ease.
- 45-day money-back guarantee – Though you might have gotten used to the 30-day money-back guarantee most hosting companies do offer, Hostgator adds 15 more at no cost. Hostgator coupon 2019 discount link: http://www.hostgatorcoupon2019.ericulous.com/
Refunds are subject to several factors and will be refunded only if it is paid via debit card, credit card, PayPal, or cash. Unfortunately, this feature applies to shared, reseller, and VPS hosting.
Other features include top-notch security and free migration, flexible billing periods and special discounts.
Hostgator – Webhosting Plans
Hostgator’s hosting plans vary, and you can choose from VPS Hosting, Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Servers and WordPress hosting. Ideally, all of them are classified into Hatchling, Baby and Business with all having unlimited storage and bandwidth.
With Web Hosting; Hatchling Plan goes for $2.75/mo while Baby Plan and Business Plan are both available for $5.95/mo each. With Cloud Hosting, however, the three go for $4.95/mo, $7.95/mo and $9.95/mo, respectively.